Chicago’s suburbs are filled with close-knit communities and endless opportunities to enjoy them. Even as the weather cools and the holidays approach, we continue to have an abundance of opportunities for fun in our community this fall.
Here are just a few of the countless autumn activities I’d recommend checking out in our corner of Chicago’s western suburbs this month:
Every weekend in October
- 11 am-4 pm Trick or Trees in the Children's Garden at The Morton Arboretum – Costumes encouraged! Play tricky games, fashion fun fall crafts and plant a tree seed to take home as a treat.
- Throughout the month of October at DuPage Forest Preserves
Celebrate OAKtober with a variety of programs designed to celebrate oak trees!
Saturday, October 19
- 11 am-2 pm Fall Family Fest at The Community House – Pumpkin decorating available for the first 500 participants!
- 2 pm-4 pm Fall Festival at Burr Ridge Village Center – Trick-or-treating, hayrides, and fun!
- 12 pm-3 pm Trick-or-Treating in Hinsdale’s downtown business district
- 2 pm-5 pm LaGrange Highlands’ Fall Festival and Chili Cook-Off
- 5 pm-9:30 pm Haunted Forest Tour at Diane Main Park in Westmont
Saturday, October 26
- 11 am-2 pm Trick-or-Treating in Clarendon Hills’ downtown business district
- 11 am-3 pm Fall Festival and Trunk-or-Treat at Downers Grove Community Church
Wednesday, October 30
- 6 pm-8 pm Wicked Willow Night in Willow Springs at The Community Center (Free Halloween event for Willow Springs residents only!)
Thursday, October 31
- 4:30 pm-7:30 pm Halloween Fun Fair at Westmont Community Center – Parade of costumes, carnival games and prizes, and a Halloween bounce house!
- 3 pm-7 pm Trick-or-Treating hours for Clarendon Hills, Hinsdale, and most surrounding communities!
Remember: these suggestions are just SOME of my fall favorites! The opportunities to get out and enjoy some autumn activities in your community are endless…
Looking for more? Here are some great local resources: